DIY Vertical Gardening: Recycled Pop Bottle Garden Tower
Vertical gardens may not solve world hunger but growing edible plants from seed to food is a small step toward understanding our role in food justice and food sovereignty.
Recycled Pop Garden Towers are a great way to vertically grow shallow rooted edible plants like herbs, lettuce, strawberries, chives and lots of other things without spending much time or money.
This workshop is online AND in person. We will provide the link to sign up for the in-person workshop shortly or email us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up here for the zoom workshop: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82504068314?pwd=MkRPbHZUbXpXbEl1R1I4b3hGWUtydz09 and sign up here for the in-person workshop: https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/…/recycled…/343265
What you need to make your tower:
* 1 – 10 recycled plastic 2 L bottles per tower (clear or coloured)
* Potting soil & a bit of compost
* 1 – 10 seedlings (herbs like chives, mint, basil, dill, cilantro, strawberries, boy choi, lettuce, salad greens, spinach, nasturtiums)
* 1 utility knife and/or scissors
* bungee cord/rope to attach tower to something sturdy like a shelf, balcony railing, tree. Get creative!